Learn more about this opportunity to become a K-12 Liasion for the SIGCSE 2022 Technical Symposium.
The ACM SIGCSE 2022 Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education will be held in Providence, RI, USA, March 2-5, 2022. We are finalizing the organizing committee, and we need a K-12 teacher to serve as the Junior K-12 Liaison this year as well as the Senior K-12 Liaison for the 2023 Technical Symposium. The person serving in this role would receive free registration to both events and work with the other K-12 Liaison to:
- Spread the word about the symposium within the K-12 community to generate interest in attendance and participation.
- Review the list of accepted papers and workshops to recommend those that should be held on Friday and Saturday, for which a reduced registration rate for K-12 teachers is available.
- Electronically greet and welcome pre-registered K-12 teachers several weeks prior to the symposium. Share the list of accepted papers and workshops that may be particularly relevant to K-12 teachers.
- Engage as many first-time attendee K-12 teachers as possible to ensure they have a welcoming and rewarding experience.
- Organize informal events during the symposium for K-12 attendees to meet and network.
- Attend the Hand-Off Dinner on the final night of the symposium to meet and get to know the incoming K-12 Liaison.
If you would like more information, or to let us know you’re interested, email us at email@example.com.