CSTA is an organization run by teachers, for teachers.
Our goal is to continue to grow the CS community to ensure every educator has a home.
The Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) understands that teaching computer science is hard. That’s why our dedicated team and teacher-led Board of Directors has focused on creating a strong environment to support K–12 educators.
We’re proud to have created a community that:
- Is led by K-12 computer science teachers, and puts teacher needs at the forefront.
- Shares the latest best practices in K-12 computer science education.
- Creates local communities across the US + Canada that make sure every computer science teacher has a home.
- Builds the largest teacher-led computer science professional development event in the world each year!
- Provides access to exclusive discounts on courses and tools that will take your teaching practice to the next level.
You might be the only computer science teacher in your school, district, or town, and as a part of CSTA, we’re in this together.
CSTA is a voice for teachers
CSTA is driven by teachers. We believe that teachers are essential to ensuring all students receive a high-quality CS education and value their perspective and expertise. We treat teachers with the respect and esteem they deserve for their passion, talent, and tireless work.
CSTA is committed to equity
CSTA is committed to equity in our community and for the students our members serve. We strive to build diverse and inclusive communities at the local, national, and global level. We welcome all CS educators and supporters to help build and grow our community.
CSTA is a place where people grow
All members, supporters, and staff work together to meet members’ needs. Together we welcome regular feedback and commit to continuous growth.
CSTA is member-focused
We build strong relationships with our members, value their input, act on their feedback, and recognize their contributions to the community.