No individual shall be denied membership of CSTA if they meet the eligibility requirements. Eligibility is open to all that meet the following:
- Interested in computer science education, including but not limited to Computer Science educators, computer science supporters who work for nonprofits or corporations, administrators or district/state level leaders.
- Supportive of the mission and values of CSTA
- Completes a membership application and profile
- Pays dues appropriate to membership type
There are two types of memberships:
- CSTA Basic (Free membership tier)
- CSTA+ ($50 annual dues)
- Annual partnership benefits are active for 1 year from the date you join as an institutional partner.
- All institutional partners will receive a welcome packet and will be provided a chart to track the usage of their partnership benefits. CSTA will not track the redemption of these benefits. Your annual benefits will reset on the anniversary of joining as an institutional partner.
- All institutional partners are asked to use the corresponding benefit redemption forms linked in their welcome packet to request a benefit.
- All institutional partners will follow CSTA’s community guidelines. Any partner content shared for distribution to CSTA membership is subject to approval.
Membership Rights and Responsibilities
- Members shall be respectful of all other members and CSTA staff.
- Members have the right to attend and speak at general meetings and to attend meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Members are responsible for their membership information, and will not share access to their profile with anyone else.
- CSTA protects your data privacy, and you may remove personal data from your profile at any time by logging into your profile.
Suspension or Termination of Membership
- CSTA reserves the right to refuse or cancel the membership of a member at any time and for any reason.
- A member may resign to CSTA by submitting a resignation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership dues are to be paid immediately by credit card. We do not accept Purchase Orders or checks for Individual Membership (CSTA+). Bulk membership purchases can be arranged by contacting CSTA at email@example.com. If CSTA+ dues are not paid before the year subscription date, a member is automatically downgraded to CSTA Basic membership.
Membership cancellations received in writing within seven days of joining/renewing may be eligible to receive a full refund, minus a service fee of $10 (USD). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your membership. Due to the nature of CSTA member benefits, we are unable to offer full or partial refunds following this window.
The CSTA Automatic Renewal Program is built to ensure your CSTA+ membership continues without interruption. If you sign up for this initiative, your credit card on file will be automatically charged the renewal fee for CSTA+ membership. If you choose to sign up for this program, you will receive two emails regarding your renewal and will be charged one day before your subscription ends.
By selecting to participate in the Automatic Renewal Program, you hereby authorize CSTA on an automatic annual basis to:
1. Renew your CSTA membership, with the account information provided.
2. Charge your credit card on file the membership fees.
If you wish to unenroll from the automatic renewal of CSTA+, simply opt-out of “Enable Auto-Renew” in your membership profile.
For questions about these policies and CSTA membership, please reach out to email@example.com.