Posted by Jen Manly on Apr 05, 2023
CSTA is excited to host the very first CSHS Leadership Summit on April 15! If you need some tips on what sessions to sign up for, we’ve put together a list of recommendations for the summit.
CSTA is excited to host the very first CSHS Leadership Summit on April 15! The inaugural CSHS Leadership Summit is an opportunity for Computer Science Honor Society chapter leaders and advisors to connect and collaborate with other CSHS leaders from around the country. Students and advisors will grow in their leadership capacity while setting goals to grow the impact of their school’s Honor Society chapter.
Check out these recommended sessions:
- How to host an Outreach Event: Outreach Planning Essentials, Breakout A: This session will provide a full outline of how to plan outreaches, organize them, and make them engaging and fun.
- J.R. Tucker shares Computer Science with K-12 students, families, and faculty, Breakout B: Learn about how J.R. Tucker spreads CS in their community through CS Ed Week and service-based core projects.
- Planning for Induction, Breakout B: New CSHS advisor? Looking for fresh ideas to make your induction special for new members? Come to this mini-session to tap into CSHS Induction resources and get a head start in planning your chapter’s next induction!
- Optimizing CSHS Meetings for Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Engagement, Breakout C: Learn to plan and organize engaging, efficient, and inclusive CSHS meetings.
- Advisor BOF: Supporting Student Leaders: Advising Best Practices, Breakout C: Connect with other CSHS advisors to share best practices for advising students, including empowering student ownership of chapter processes. Leave with tried and true resources from CSHS chapters acros the country.
- Driving Community Impact: Organizing Club Members for Large Events, Breakout D: Make a big impact with large events! Learn effective strategies for organizing successful community events with your CSHS chapter.
Are you a CSHS advisor? There is still time for you and your students to attend. Learn more about registering by visiting our CSHS page.